Saturday, March 10, 2012

the Artist review








I think by now, everyone who is into the entertainment business or follows film and movie news already knows that the Artist is the movie that one big at the Oscars this year.
Not only did it win the Oscar for best picture, but also, the best actor in a leading role went to Jean Dujardin, and deservedly so.

Once I heard that the movie was about Silent movies, I must admit I wasn't that excited to see it, especially that i don't know any of the leading roles before. But once I started watching it in a weekday night with almost half an empty theater, I immediately started getting hooked with the plot and the characters.

the two lead actors, Jean Dujardin and Berenice Bejo are one of the most talented actors i have ever seen in film. they were brilliant and brought their characters to life depending only on their body language and acting. the movie which is about a successful silent movie actor, who starts to suffer when Hollywood starts the transition to sound movie making, and follows his struggling and difficulty to adapt to this change, meanwhile, a rising star who starts progressing into fame through this change, and the on and off silent love develops between the two during these times. 
it was such a great experience for me, and quite a new one as well, I was completely lost into the film and bonded with the characters. the chemistry between the two was rattling.


I definitely became an instant fan of the two leads, especially Jean who reminded me a lot with one of my favorite actors Sean Connery in his facial features, his looks and his body language as well.






not the best two pictures of the two, but one can notice the slight resemblance between the two !
Jean does seem like a younger version of Sean !!

No comments:

Post a Comment