Thursday, March 22, 2012

Immortals review


So I was wating anxiously for the Blu ray of Immortals to arrive in the post, and finally, it got here !
I immediately sat and started watching with excitment. I have to say, it was really enjoyable.

the story about the Greek gods and them watching over humans who are constantly in war, not willing to interfere was interesting. Henry Cavil, who will be playing Superman in the up coming Man of steel film, plays the role of a peasant here named Theseus who seems to have quite the fighting skills in him, but refuses to engage in any battles, untill he is forced to !! and it seems the Gods are watching over him.

it is visually impressive as well, with vivid colors and beautiful scenery of mountains and the ocean. the battle scenes were also interesting, however, were a bit limited me thinks.

I was not really happy at first with lead actress here Frieda Pinto, but she did grow on me with time and i found myslef accepting here. Mickey Rourke was very good as the evil villian.

generally, it was quite enjoyable, much better than i was expecting. i just hope people stop comparing it to 300, as they are both two different films.

8.5 out of 10



1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on comparing Immortals to 300, but there is one thing that I do have to say was in both, and it was the amazing graphics. Again, I agree that the battle scenes were a bit short, but overall, Immortals was good. I had the Blu-Ray sent to me in the mail using Blockbuster @Home and I really liked it. I was at DISH where I work the other day and saw a preview, so I thought I would rent it. I would definitely say Blu-Ray is the way to see it if you can.

    ReplyDelete